Files not showing in Teams for Android

Copper Contributor

Hi! 

I am having issues with not being able to access shared files in a channel from the Teams app on my Android mobile devices (Sony Xperia and Samsung Galaxy tab). The tab appears, but if I click on it it looks empty.

* I can share files from my phone and tablet to the channel, and they appear on my laptop, but not on the mobile devices.

* I can also access the files through the "Latest files" tab, but not sorted by channel. 

* I can access the files  on my laptop both through the web interface and the desktop app. 

Has anyone experienced this/been able to fix it?

Thank you /Johan

6 Replies

@caffeinman I have the same situation.

In android the files tab is empty, if i use a iphone the tab has folders and files... 

@SCMTB 

Same problem with android 9 and 10

@caffeinman 

Yes having the same problem, on some android devices, the files are not showing up; on my MAC, IPAD, PC and browser they are showing up, but not on some android tablets!

@caffeinman Same here. We are a school with 800 students using Teams since yesterday. The class materials folder does not show up on Android devices. Students cannot see exercices teachers provided for them. iOS and PCs work fine though. I even contacted customer support but the (nice) man could not help me because it is a problem with the app and not with the Windows OS. I hope anybody can solve that problem.

Hi everyone,

Could it be similar to this behavior?
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/599053-schools-and-universities/suggestions/37943776-mak...

Providing this, as currently this feature is nearly ready. It's already been released for iOS, and should reach Android soon.

@Marco Carampanta 

Hello Marco

Do you have an update on the Android release of the files folder?