SOLVED

File Shared in Teams Does Not Display in Files

Copper Contributor

I've shared a file in a group chat, and I'm trying to add a tab for it in the header menu. I'm not able to because the file does not display in the Files tab for the chat group. I've been able to do this before, so I'm not sure why it's not working now.

The file is in my OneDrive for Business. I've set permissions to anyone from my org can edit. Notably, the file *does* share with the group when I add it as an attachment in chat--but I'm unable to upload it as a file in the Files tab.

Would really appreciate any insights!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @AmyMartin,

Just had a quick go myself and it does seem that the only files available for selection are those that have been attached via Chat or the Share option from the Files tab of a Group chat.

So regardless of setting the permissions that would be applied as part of Sharing via the Teams client, directly in OneDrive for Business it seems to make no difference.

The best I could get was to copy a link to the file in OneDrive for Business and add it by way of a Website tab.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech  A link is a good idea for a workaround! I'll try it.

These are files that I have added in the chat. They've always shown in my files before... but I'm also unable to upload files from OneDrive into the Files tab. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @AmyMartin,

Just had a quick go myself and it does seem that the only files available for selection are those that have been attached via Chat or the Share option from the Files tab of a Group chat.

So regardless of setting the permissions that would be applied as part of Sharing via the Teams client, directly in OneDrive for Business it seems to make no difference.

The best I could get was to copy a link to the file in OneDrive for Business and add it by way of a Website tab.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post