SOLVED

Failed to send

Copper Contributor

We are having errors in Microsoft Teams. Me and my coworkers can't send messages in Teams.

We get "failed to send"

How can we fix this?

36 Replies

Looks like Teams is having some issues today. Currently with IM. This morning I had problems connecting to a meeting.

https://twitter.com/MicrosoftTeams/status/1239565261424001024?s=20

msedge_xo99JpKrIq.png

We have the same problem. Started using Teams earlier today. Writing messages and audio/video calls worked fine. Then now just moments ago messages fails to send.

@MANSEL645 Here in Brazil, we have the same error. I think it's a Global Error, so far I haven't seen any response from Microsft. I hope it will normalize as soon as possible.

from Italy also, it is not possible to use messages but vdc it's ok.
just to joke... if you try to send "demo" instead of "test", it works
Hi all,

Working on it. From the Office 365 Message Centre

----

TM206556, Microsoft Teams, Last updated: March 16, 2020 3:42 PM
Start time: March 16, 2020 2:39 PM
Status
Service degradation
User impact
Some users may be unable to send and receive messages or schedule meetings.
Are you experiencing this issue?
Is this post helpful?
Latest message View history
Title: Teams messaging functionality issues

User Impact: Some users may be unable to send and receive messages or schedule meetings.

More info: Additionally, some users may be unable to create a team and update team memberships within the Microsoft Teams service.

Current status: We're restarting affected components and rerouting user requests to alternate systems to alleviate impact.

Scope of impact: This issue could impact any user who is served through the affected infrastructure.

Next update by: Monday, March 16, 2020, 5:00 PM (5:00 PM UTC)

------------

TM206559, Microsoft Teams, Last updated: March 16, 2020 3:30 PM
Start time: March 16, 2020 3:08 PM
Status
Service degradation
User impact
Users may be experiencing limited functionality within the Microsoft Teams service.
Are you experiencing this issue?
Is this post helpful?
Latest message View history
Title: Limited Teams functionality

User Impact: Users may be experiencing limited functionality within the Microsoft Teams service.

Current status: We're reviewing system telemetry to isolate the source of the issue.

Scope of impact: Impact is specific to a subset of users who are served through the affected infrastructure.

Next update by: Monday, March 16, 2020, 5:30 PM (5:30 PM UTC)

Hope that answers your question. Should be resolved ASAP

Best, Chris

failedtosend.png

we are also having troubles ... we cannot send messages inside a channel ... whereas we can send everywhere else ... is there any solution yet ? any workaround ?

@robert_robert 

I'm having a very similar issue. I can post to all teams bar one, and I keep getting the same error message as above.

Hi all,

There has been further issues including not being able to apply tags - same kind of issue. Would advise opening MS tickets to support. Clearly there is ongoing issues today

Best, Chris

We have the same situation - unable to send messages within dedicated chanell of our team. This is very frustrating right now, whole company is on remote work.

@Jakub-SzymalaSame here. It's affecting a single channel within one team. Maybe more as we can't test all channels now. Teams log seems to point to some 500 code error and failure of POST request.

We have the same problem. Started using Teams earlier today. Writing messages and audio/video calls worked fine. Then now just moments ago messages fails to send.

Received failed to send errors since new update today.

same here :sad: @DougPetroshius 

Is there any solution for this ? None of us are able to send messages on teams since couple of hours. 

How much time does it talk for things to become normal ? 

We are also facing this issue. We have just started to use microsoft teams and not able to send message.

Unbelievable that an issue that we can easily track back to 2018 (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-timing-out-unable-to-send-mes...) is still present today.

In today's landscape as well in which things like Slack exists, to have a real time communication application that some days just don't work is unacceptable.

I have the same problem. It worked fine for almost 3 weeks now. Suddenly, I'm unable to send or receive messages from one particular user in my organization. All the other channels, groups, chats etc work fine. I cleared the cache, I uninstalled and installed the app, I tried the web and mobile (both android and iOS) versions also. Very frustrating!

@MANSEL645 

I am also facing the same issue - not able to send the messages - in my org all others are able to send receive messages from each other but I am not able to send message to individual users. However I am able to send message in a channel. very frustrating and it is happening from past 18 hours starting 1 PM yesterday.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@antlvk 

This is not a problem since March, the 75M Teams do not have an issue. At the time of the original message in this thread there was an outage at Microsoft, it lasted a few hours and is long gone now.

In general the failed to send error would imply your network is blocking access to some of the Teams messaging URLs, perhaps through a proxy or other network device. Try it in a browser and bring up the F11 debug tools and you'll quickly see which addresses are not responding.

View solution in original post