External access - Search for external teams user "We didn't find any matches"

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to collaborate with some external users via teams.  In some cases, I can search and add start a chat in teams without issue.  Others I get "We didn't find any matches" when searching the target user's email address.  I've seen it work finding one user in a particular domain but not others (all use teams), and also not finding any user at a particular domain.  In all cases External access is enabled in each of the customer tenants without any allowed or blocked domains so all domains should work...  What could I be missing?

4 Replies

Are you running a Skype Hybrid so that the federation is pointing to your Skype servers? If it so and your users are in Island mode federation won't work from Teams.

If not are you running your users in coexistence mode Islands or are the Teams Only? If not Teams Only test to change someone, maybe a test account to Teams Only.

No Skype Hybrid in this environment, Coexistence mode is "Teams Only"

@Rich_Greaves You manage to find resolution to this issue? Im encountering the same

@Rich_Greaves 

I am still encountering this same behavior. Trying to add an external user to an existing team that already has external members of that same organization. Why it can find someone else from that domain and not others makes no sense.