SOLVED

Exporting User Activity Report

Steel Contributor

I've been poking all over the place, including the "Teams User Activity" reports, and graph APIs, but I'm not finding what I'd think would be fairly obvious.  Under the Teams User Activity report, it shows a summary of the activity for the period requested. Without having to drill down into each user, is there a way to have it list all the activity broken out?  Basically I want an export of the "Call History" as shown under the user profile, but for all users.

6 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

I know it is more for the Quality side of things but it may be worth checking out the Call Quality Dashboard. There is a link from the Teams Admin Centre.

Or take a look at the M365 CLI. There are some reports there that essentially will utilise the Graph but it might be easier for you to script it to get at what you need.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitechThanks for the response, but it's not the quality data I'm after, though if the call history was there, I'd take it.  I'm just looking to be able to export the call log/activity for users.  The Call Quality Dashboard doesn't appear to offer that, or my browser is hiding buttons, links, or clicks. I can't even seem to drill down into a day activity.

Through the CQD, I tried going through the various detail reports, and ended up in helpdesk where it appears I can see the call details, but not who the call is between or maybe it's just the scope of the calls being displayed. Also not entirely sure why it seems to be obsessed with a specific date, and nothing recent.  Additionally, even when specifying a user, there doesn't appear to be an export option.

@jangliss 

Mmmmmm, I see what you mean there doesn't seem to be anything to tap into the Call History programmatically.

I will keep hunting and let you know if I find anything.

Just to throw it out there if by any chance the calls you are wanting to see the history of are PSTN calls you may still find them in the Legacy Portal or by way of the Get-CSOnlinePSTNUsage PowerShell cmdlet.

henryarphillips365_0-1594666373586.png

Thanks

Henry

Thanks @HenryPhillipsNimbitech This does look to have a little more promise than the CQD.  I'll have a poke into it, it seems to be designed as a subscribed service in terms of a webhook to pull the call details down.  Now if only they had the same API but with the ability to specify date ranges it'd be perfect :)

I really appreciate the extra effort. Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

I know it is more for the Quality side of things but it may be worth checking out the Call Quality Dashboard. There is a link from the Teams Admin Centre.

Or take a look at the M365 CLI. There are some reports there that essentially will utilise the Graph but it might be easier for you to script it to get at what you need.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post