SOLVED

Exporting Teams data from one Team Application to Another

Copper Contributor

The company that I work for is going through a transition - because of this, our email addresses, Teams Application, and Sharepoint sites are going from one domain to another. What I would like to find out is if there is a way to create a 'data' file that can be exported from the current Teams App and then imported into the new Teams App. 

3 Replies
Hi!
With domains I assume you also mean you will migrate to a another tenant. In this case there’s no export you can do yourself except from copy/paste etc.
There are migration tools the IT team can use to copy over most information from Teams etc, but as you wanted unfortunately no

Adam
best response confirmed by KT0023 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Bear also in mind that migration tools when we are talking about Teams migration in a Tenant to Tenant migration scenario are limited to what Microsoft APIs can do, so don't expect to be able to migrate your Teams as they are now to a new tenant
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by KT0023 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Bear also in mind that migration tools when we are talking about Teams migration in a Tenant to Tenant migration scenario are limited to what Microsoft APIs can do, so don't expect to be able to migrate your Teams as they are now to a new tenant

View solution in original post