ERROR - Yealink MVC500 - To finish setting up, insert the room console into the Dock’,

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am an IT Technician at a medium-sized company. We have a Yealink MVC500 video conference call system which we purchased in September 2020 for our meeting room. It has worked fine until last month when the MShare (HDMI sharing peripheral unit) stopped working which meant we were unable to screen share. The error which we got was: "The room display is unplugged plug it back in for the best experience".

I checked the cabling and could see that the MShare and MTouch (Touch screen device) cables were correctly connected into the corresponding USB ports on the PC but we were still getting the error: "The room display is unplugged plug it back in for the best experience".

I checked the driver for the Mshare and could see that it was the latest driver was already installed. I then factory reset the trying MVC 500. Now the problem is I am stuck on the initial settings set-up where the Mtouch (Tablet device) saying is ’To finish setting up, insert the room console into the Dock’,

ERROR -  The room display is unplugged plug it back in for the best experience..PNG

I do not understand what this error means. Even when checking the Yealink MVC500 Official documentation I cannot find any reference to these terms.

I'd really appreciate it if someone who knows about the Yealink conference systems can help me.

Thanks,

Shoaib

3 Replies

Hi Shoaib, I did encounter exactly the same problem today setting up a different manufacture unit, in my case first time doing an OOBE with this model and went ahead with a connection diagram that I was familiar turned out I got the same error and so went back to check the connection diagram and once I wired in correctly it cleared up the error and I was able to complete the setup.

In your case since your MShare unit stopped working this is what is causing the error. The MTR is checking at some point and not finding the unit and throwing out the error I agree it is a strange one

Hi @brajan,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been off from work for the past week.

My colleagues tried unplugging all the components and re-connected them, but it didn't solve the issue.

We've tried contacting Yealink and they've asked us to perform some updates on the underlying Windows OS but it hasn't resolved the issue.

Thanks,
Shoaib

@shoaib2000  I am also can omg exactly same problem and all devices are showing connected.

I am using HP slice with Logitech.