SOLVED

Error running CreateSRSMedia.ps1 - Microsoft Teams Rooms USB image creation

Brass Contributor

When I run CreateSRSMedia.ps1 under an Administrator PowerShell console, I get an error:

“Cannot convert the "System.Object[]" value of type "System.Object[]" to type "System.Version". At line:1 char:1” (Running it from C:\MTR\CreateSRSMedia.ps1).

No useful information on what went wrong provided. Any idea what could be wrong???

It is step #1 on this page: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/room-systems/console#prepare-the-installation-media

I opened a Premier Performance Support ticket, but haven't been able to get a tech who knows what that script is so far. :(

8 Replies
Hi,

there should be a transcript.
For me this is in my documents folder.
May be this file helps.

Regards,

Paul

@Paul Lange Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, in the transcript, all it says after the usual "start transcript" information (computer information, PSVersion, etc.) all it says is:

Host OS version 10.0.18362.476

Script version 1.5.0

Found CreateSRSMedia already downloaded.

Validating signature for update.ps1...

success.

End transcript.

:(

Looks like it fails after "Test-Signature $UpdatedScript"
Can you try to delete the files and folders that were downloaded in C:\MTR\CreateSRSMedia.ps1 and try it again?
Or you could copy the script to c:\temp and try it again from there.

@Paul Lange  I appreciate your assistance. I created a new C:\temp directory and copied the CreateSRSMedia.ps1 script over so it was the only file in that directory. I executed the script with the same results.  :(

@Richard Eklund Ok - since it is difficult to say why the script fails if you are remote I would recommend to try another PC and run it there.

@Paul Lange Thanks. I am rebuilding another system to try it on right now. Unfortunate it doesn't give any indication to where it fails. 

best response confirmed by Richard Eklund (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I finally figured it out. I have a profile.ps1 in my WindowsPowerShell directory in my documents folder. I didn't use it anymore, but had a "Write-Host" line in there, which I didn't comment out from when I did.

I was able to replicate it by deleting the contents of profile.ps1 and putting write-host "Test" in the file. Launching powershell then gives the error. If I delete it or delete the contents of profile.ps1 so there is no write-host entries, it works fine. Write-Output also gives the error when launching this script.

I tried a few other commands, such as changing directories, and it worked fine, but write-host or write-output in the profile.ps1 broke the script.

You only need the correct OS matched with the mentioned hash value and file size.after that, you can proceed to further steps.Anyway, I have already built the MTRs image iso file. Anyone can boot the iso and install the image in any device. It is very feasible and time saver.u can knock me on WhatsApp for OS services and installation procedure (+8801844504725)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Richard Eklund (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I finally figured it out. I have a profile.ps1 in my WindowsPowerShell directory in my documents folder. I didn't use it anymore, but had a "Write-Host" line in there, which I didn't comment out from when I did.

I was able to replicate it by deleting the contents of profile.ps1 and putting write-host "Test" in the file. Launching powershell then gives the error. If I delete it or delete the contents of profile.ps1 so there is no write-host entries, it works fine. Write-Output also gives the error when launching this script.

I tried a few other commands, such as changing directories, and it worked fine, but write-host or write-output in the profile.ps1 broke the script.

View solution in original post