SOLVED

Error code - caa30190

Brass Contributor

Unable to sign into Teams Desktop client after updated username.

-application has been reinstalled.

-reinstalled mail account for windows. able to access all other Microsoft applications.

-able to sign to teams web version.

-erased C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams content.

-other users are also not able to log into my computer's teams desktop client using their account.

48 Replies
Hi @RoberWPB

How about clearing the cache: https://commsverse.blog/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/

%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\databases
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\cache
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\gpucache
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Indexeddb
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\tmp
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data
Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files
Internet Explorer Cookies

Let me know how you get on?

Best, Chris

Hello Chris, @Christopher Hoard 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly,

I am still receiving the same error code after attempting this steps.

Please feel free to recommend any other you might think of.

Regards

Hi @RobertWPB

1.) Do the same as above again
2.) Clear Credential Manager: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026814/windows-accessing-credential-manager
3.) Read this post and follow the steps by Chris Webb: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-log-into-teams/m-p/304817

Let me know how you get on!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Thanks again Chris, issue still persist after deleting windows credentials.

I have repeated previous steps followed by your second suggestion and same issue is still ongoing.

regards

Hmm ok

How about logging into the desktop client on another machine - does that work?

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Yes, I am able to log to other device's Teams client.

How is it today? Same issue? Could have been propagation?

Follow steps 1-3 above, and after that

1.) Ensure the date and time are correct on the machine
2.) Do a complete reinstall of Teams (now propagation time is over 24 hours)
3.) Log out and back into your Office apps

If all of that fails, then the solution is to raise a ticket to Microsoft with the error code and wait for the solution. The specific error code isn't in any microsoft documentation

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the post.

I have been running with this issue since the beginning of last week, so far I have uninstalled re-installed the application over 5 times with the issue being preset after each one of them :(. this include uninstalling Teams, Uninstalling office, login and downloading and reinstalling office from Microsoft, then downloading and reinstalling Teams from MS as well. I have too installed the application from the Teams web account and this error does not seems to be wanting to go away.

How about trying to login as the previous username on the desktop. What happens then?

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Username was update on AD updating MS 365 to new username, adding the previous email to new username also. I am not able to log into MS 365 using previous username.

This is a tough one

I would raise a ticket to support with screenshots and the steps attempted

1.) Removed and Reinstalled
2.) Cleared cache
3.) Cleared credential manager
4.) Date and time are fine on machine
5.) Logged in and out of Office Apps

In addition to the other info - changed on AAD, works on web/mobile app. My feeling is that it is a modern auth issue, or the network - do you have conditional access? Can you log in outside the corporate network?

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Now my co worker is having the same error after I logged out of his Teams client. he is also not able to log in. It seems that my profile might have been leaving some trace making the Teams client not able to load. Will you know if there might be a location that the application might pull information from other than the previously suggested?

Ok, going to take one last swing at it before a ticket

In Windows go to Settings (Cog) > Accounts > Email and Accounts. Are there any there that shouldn't be there (I.e. one with your old username? Or, another corporate user If so, remove them, only your account with it's current username ought to be there, alongside any personal accounts

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Hi,

Attempted those changes this morning, still unsuccessful.

I ended up deleting my .OST mail data file and I am now not able to open any MS Office client product. Ups. :) 

New error to my bucket. I have not been able to replicate .OST file even after running the MS Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant repair tool.

RobertWPB_0-1583523151760.png

as always brother, thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks.

able to fix Word, PP, Excel and outlook clients access following this steps 

https://www.urtech.ca/2019/03/solved-scrub-office-license-credentials-identity-to-solve-sorry-anothe...

still having issues to access Teams and OneNote.

@RobertWPB 

• Issue update.
  • Issue has persisted after numerous re-installations.
  • a colleague mentioned he was able to by-pass issue attempting to re-start login screen using the available button several times until prompt to enter login information. (This option has not worked for me)
  • I am able to login to Teams using Chrome, however, I am not able to login using Edge. it automatically defaults to my department shared calendar profile. browser hangs-out when attempting to sign out from shared profile. (no error code is shown)(if page is re-loaded, it goes back to shared profile)
Did you get a response from Microsoft on the Error code?

Best, Chris

@RobertWPB I had this issue with today with one of my users. I was able to get around the error by selecting sign in with a different user and then signing in a wrong email account but to the correct domain( may also use a different users email) this took me to the log in page. This user uses godaddy so from here I entered their correct information and was able to sign in and get past the error. 

@Radiowarsaw 

Thanks for the update.

One of my colleagues was able to log in after selecting to join meeting from outlook.

on my case it is not even prompting me to enter my login information. it stays on the error screen no matter how many times I select "Restart".

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

@RobertWPBI had the same problem on W10. Ran teams in compatibility mode as W7 and worked on first try.

View solution in original post