SOLVED

entering the same meeting, as an organizer and attendee

Copper Contributor

Hi all:

School teacher here. I have some kids in class and some at home, and I need to teach both groups simultaneously. Is it possible to enter the same meeting as an organizer in one computer (which is the one I want to use the cam (a documents camera in fact where the kids see my hands and paper while solving problems (math teacher)  and mic) and the second one as a simple, attendee, in a different computer to monitor the chat, questions, etc.?

I have tried to do it and I get a mess of devices settings, mics, cameras, different rooms in some instances. 

Please help. (I'm using the desktop app).

Thanks to all.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You can, by just using a browser, but they have released pop out meetings recent's, so you can be in the meeting and be in the chat at the same time on multi monitors. You need to go into Settings, and you will see "Turn on new meeting experience (New meetings and calls will open in separate windows. Requires restarting Teams.)"

Once you do that and quit Teams, when you join a meeting it'll open in it's own window. Then you can move that to one monitor and Teams to the other and you can see the Meeting chat under chat (Or the channel if it's a channel meeting) at the same time.

But if you want to have two seperate meetings, you can just join teams.microsoft.com in the browser and also join the meeting as well in that if you wanted too, but the pop out meetings should suffice.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
You can, by just using a browser, but they have released pop out meetings recent's, so you can be in the meeting and be in the chat at the same time on multi monitors. You need to go into Settings, and you will see "Turn on new meeting experience (New meetings and calls will open in separate windows. Requires restarting Teams.)"

Once you do that and quit Teams, when you join a meeting it'll open in it's own window. Then you can move that to one monitor and Teams to the other and you can see the Meeting chat under chat (Or the channel if it's a channel meeting) at the same time.

But if you want to have two seperate meetings, you can just join teams.microsoft.com in the browser and also join the meeting as well in that if you wanted too, but the pop out meetings should suffice.

View solution in original post