Ending Named Chat Conversations

Highlighted
Contributor

I see I can name a chat conversation which is great for referencing back later; however it appears to continue to be used indefinetly and there is no way to "end" the conversation thread and start a new one with that same group of people.  Am I missing something?

In another words we start chatting on Topic A, then a week later need to start talking about Topic B - how do we close out the first thread and start a new one in chat so we don't intermix the conversations?

4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @Ryan Stone,

When I click on the camera icon to start a new chat I can the option to create a new chat with a new name?

icons.PNG

Highlighted

@Pieter Veenstra I'm talking about private conversations with multi-individuals in the "Chat" pane.  There you can name the chat thread (ex. topic name) but I haven't found a way to close it out when discussion is completed on that item.  If I later try to start a new chat with those same people it brings me back into the other one.

Highlighted
Ryan, great request. Something we're looking into.
Highlighted

@Dan Stevenson has there been any update for this? I have a chat with 2 other people that was named due to a project that we are long done with and cannot put it back to our actual names