End of academic year new students

Brass Contributor

Hi, this may seem like a basic question but I'll ask it.

A teacher puts lots of files on a Team. At the end of the academic year, how does it work? In other words, she had a class called Sociology 1 again but different students. When the 6 CSV files are imported into O365, it will create a new class with the new students, but the teacher doesn't want to keep adding resources to new classes each year.

I suppose I am asking how can a Team be reused, but just add different students in for the new Academic year? I know you can archive, and then reuse a Team that way but then wont that have old students in? I don't want to have to edit members of all the Teams manually.

2 Replies

Hi @Ayaz Younis,

just an idea: you might automate the process of Teams Lifecycles by using the Graph API for Teams.

E.g. you could develop a process for a creating a new Team each academic year, e.g. to automatically archive an old team, create a new team based on a team template (e.g. Team from the last academic year) and also copy contents in the newly created Team, set an owner as needed and maybe add students as members based on some criteria, depending on how they are in the system or you add them (guests or ad users) ...

@Ayaz Younis ,  it looks you can just add add/remove a distribution group that contains all students of this class. Or I've missed your point?