Enabling Webhooks/Connectors

Copper Contributor

We have an instance of Teams that is locked down pretty tight with most things blocked, but we need to open it up to allow Incoming Webhooks.  I've tried researching this myself, but most of the articles point to the old Admin portal or to parts of the new portal that have already been moved.  I've also poked around the Admin portal, and cannot seem to identify anything specifically relating to webhooks.  The tests we've run are all coming back with 403 errors.

So, my question is, assuming Teams is configured with the most restrictive administrative settings allowed, what are the minimum settings that need to be enabled for:

(1) Users to be able to create new webhooks,

and (2) webhook messages to be allowed to post into channels.

5 Replies

In your case, might be sufficient to enable the "Incoming webhook" app

Thank you very much. Can you point me to the location in the admin panel where I can do this? I ask because we saw where individual apps can be allowed, but we did not see Incoming Webhooks listed as an option. Thanks!!!

It's there, just search for it (under third-party apps).

@Vasil Michev 

Thanks again for the response, and sorry for the delay getting back to you.  We all just got back from our winter vacations.

We don't see the Incoming Webhooks under third party apps.  I've attached two screenshots, one showing that it does not come up in a search, and the other showing where it should be in the list of third party apps, but it is not there.

Has it moved to another location? Or could there be something else that is preventing it from showing in our Admin UI?

cannot find.pnglist of apps.png

You probably have the "Allow third party apps" setting toggled, the list of apps is dynamically adjusted based on it. That or there's something funky going on with the tenant, in which case you should open a support case.