SOLVED

Enabling Meeting Attendance Report

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We have tried to enable the Teams Attendance report for our Global policy however when I run the PowerShell command I receive the following message:

"The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overrides of the BeginProcessing, ProcessRecord,
and EndProcessing methods, and they can only be called from within the same thread."

I can run Get commands without issue however I cannot seem to run any Set- or New- commands. 

Has anyone seen this error message before? 

Code sample below:

Get-CSTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global | ft Identity,AllowEngagementReport

Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -AllowEngagementReport Enabled

8 Replies

@CCorcoran I'm getting the same error. Opening a ticket with O365 support now to see what they can come up with.

Hi @CCorcoran 

Can you please connect to Skype for Business Powershell and then run the command.

Run PowerShell ISE as Administrator
Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted
Import-Module SkypeOnlineConnector
$cred = Get-Credential
$session = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $cred -Verbose
Import-PSSession -Session $session

Let me know in case you face any issues

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi @Brisby,

Please let me know if you hear back. 

Hi @RealTime_M365.

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Yes, I ran ISE in the administrator context, and with similar code to what you suggested (script.png) and received the same message as before (console.png). 

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated... 

Kind regards,

CC 

@RealTime_M365 We are seeing the exact same issue. We are trying to enable this for our Global Policy

Set-CSTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -AllowEngagementReport Enabled
gives us that error "The WriteObject and WriteError methods cannot be called from outside the overrides of the BeginProcessing"

Get-CSTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global | Set-CSTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowEngagementReport Enable

Gives me this error "You are not permitted to invoke Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy with the following parameters:
 Instance"

This should have been fixed now. Most of the Customer were affected due to the updates. Please run the Powershell now and see if you still see the issue.

With Regards,
Satish U

Hi @RealTime_M365,

I tried again and I am still seeing the issue. What updates were causing the issue? Is there something else that we have to do to get it working? 

CCorcoran 

best response confirmed by CCorcoran (Copper Contributor)
Solution
try the following:
Get-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global

If LiveCaptionsEnabledType is set to EnabledUserOverride

Do the following:

Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -LiveCaptionsEnabledType DisabledUserOverride

Looks like EnabledUserOverride is an invalid PS Value

If you have any additional meeting policies with this value, you will also want to configure the same value.

@ShawnColeman Thank you very much. That resolved the issue. Appreciate the effort to find the solution. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CCorcoran (Copper Contributor)
Solution
try the following:
Get-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global

If LiveCaptionsEnabledType is set to EnabledUserOverride

Do the following:

Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -LiveCaptionsEnabledType DisabledUserOverride

Looks like EnabledUserOverride is an invalid PS Value

If you have any additional meeting policies with this value, you will also want to configure the same value.

View solution in original post