SOLVED

Enable Require Registration: For everyone

Copper Contributor

Proper way to enable "Require registration: For everyone" when scheduling a new meeting.  I have been unable to find a way to activate this setting.

registration.jpg

Thanks for any help!

15 Replies
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution

@HSVSIMON Hello, gonna add all the necessary config here.

-AllowMeetingRegistration
-WhoCanRegister
-AllowPrivateMeetingScheduling

To allow users in organization to schedule webinars:
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowMeetingRegistration $True

To allow only users in organization to register for webinars:
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowPrivateMeetingScheduling $True
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -WhoCanRegister EveryoneInCompany

To allow anyone, including anonymous users, to register for webinars
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -WhoCanRegister Everyone

Anonymous join must be enabled in Teams meeting settings for anonymous to join webinar.

Microsoft Lists must be enabled
Set-SPOTenant -DisablePersonalListCreation $false

Teams view-only meeting experience if wanting to use overflow (when more than 1000).
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -StreamingAttendeeMode Enabled

Collect meeting attendance
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowEngagementReport Enabled

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Thanks that worked!

@ChristianJBergstrom, could you please confirm whether Microsoft Teams meetings with registration enabled are eligible for overflow (have you tested this, or can you point me to the documentation that confirms this)?
Hello, probably one of the better official docs here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/view-only-meeting-experience

Several MVP's has blogged about it as well, this is one of them https://myteamsday.com/2021/05/18/webinars/

@ChristianJBergstrom 
Is it the command run in powershell admin?

Did I need to run below command first then just enter the command you provide?

Import-Module MicrosoftTeams
$credential = Get-Credential
Connect-MicrosoftTeams -Credential $credential

Can help me out?

@JsWee94, you can following instructions for installing/updating the MicrosoftTeams PowerShell module at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/teams-powershell-install :thumbs_up:

Once you've imported the module, I would recommend simply running: Connect-MicrosoftTeams (this gives you an interactive sign in, which also supports multi-factor authentication)

As for the above notes from @ChristianJBergstrom regarding teams meeting policy settings, you will also need to pass the "Identity" attribute and value of the meeting policy you would like to update at a minimum (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csteamsmeetingpolicy#examples), such as "-Identity Global" (the Global teams meeting policy is the default policy assigned to all Teams enabled users, but you can create additional meeting policies with different names/identities).

Hope that helps :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@ChristianJBergstromis registration available for GCC? I have enabled the Powershell options, but i am still not seeing the feature.

I know webinars for GCC is still in development, do we need webinars to allow registration for normal teams meetings?

Hello, the registration form is part of the webinars and you can follow the progress for GCC here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=83611

No need to have a form for normal meetings. This is usually how it looks from the organizer's perspective.

1. Schedules the webinar well in advance, usually by several weeks.

2. Prepares a registration form that each prospective attendee must fill out before receiving the webinar join info.
The form can be used to gather all sorts of useful info for post-webinar sales contacts, for example, or for measuring training effectiveness.

3. Sends out the webinar invite. If the webinar will feature additional presenters, the invite goes to them. (After this step, the registration link for potential attendees becomes active.)

4. Shares the event details and registration link with potential attendees. This can be on social media, on a web site, via email, or some other way.

5. Downloads the registration report for data about who registered and how they responded to the registration questions.
thats what i figured! thank you for confirming!

hi @ChristianJBergstrom , by GCC, do you mean for Government of Canada?

O365 and M365 Government plans are designed for the unique needs of government organizations. They provide all the features and capabilities of the services in a segmented government cloud community (GCC) that enables organizations to meet compliance and security standards.
Hi Christian, it looks like the link/id is no longer valid (or it has been released already?) Our tenant is GCC and want to know when Webinar will be available to us. Thank you in advance!

@JLU23 

Unfortunately for now for Teams it's not possible as "If you want to use webinars, meeting registration must be turned on" >>https://learn.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/set-up-webinars#configure-meeting-registration

Microsoft introduces nowadays new Teams Premium add-in license and says:

Currently, the basic webinar experience is controlled by meeting registration using the Teams Meeting policy (Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy).

**In the future, the meeting registration setting won't control webinars; webinars are transitioning over to being controlled by the Teams Events policy (Set-CsTeamsEventsPolicy).

Source: https://learn.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/set-up-webinars#configure-meeting-registration

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Regards,

@Ahmed_Masoud97 

Thank you for that. So to confirm, Webinars now require registration like Live Events. There is no way to disable registration?

There is a way through PowerShell I think...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristianJBergstrom (MVP)
Solution

@HSVSIMON Hello, gonna add all the necessary config here.

-AllowMeetingRegistration
-WhoCanRegister
-AllowPrivateMeetingScheduling

To allow users in organization to schedule webinars:
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowMeetingRegistration $True

To allow only users in organization to register for webinars:
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -WhoCanRegister EveryoneInCompany

To allow anyone, including anonymous users, to register for webinars
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -WhoCanRegister Everyone

Anonymous join must be enabled in Teams meeting settings for anonymous to join webinar.

Microsoft Lists must be enabled
Set-SPOTenant -DisablePersonalListCreation $false

Teams view-only meeting experience if wanting to use overflow (when more than 1000).
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -StreamingAttendeeMode Enabled

Collect meeting attendance
Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -AllowEngagementReport Enabled

View solution in original post