Embed 'registration form' of a Teams Webinar in an iFrame: slow loading.

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to embed a Teams Webinar Registration-form on our company-website. It's a 'for everyone' registration form, so no MS-account needed to register. I'm trying this through a simple iFrame, with as the source url the registration-link as provided in the Teams-meeting (webinar-type).

But it is loading very slow (takes ages/keeps hanging?) and sometimes it looks as if it is trying to open a pop-up which is getting blocked by default by most browsers.

Any suggestion or alternative methods to embed these kind of registration-forms from MSTeams?

6 Replies
Hello, I guess the registration form loads quickly for you outside the iFrame right? Did you have the chance to use the developer tools to understand where is it hanging?

@Andres Gorzelany yes, outside the iFrame it works perfectly. You maybe have a link to that 'developer tool' you're referring to?

I was referring to the Browser's developer tools usually opened by "F12"
Ok, haven't tried to search for what the problem is/was, just used the direct link to the registration form as it is desciptive enough to be a site-page on its own. If anybody in the future fith a sollution for the iFrame-issue, we now have a thread to post it under :D
This is not a recommended approach to take. If you need to have a fully customized registration experience (such as an embed experience) you would need to leverage our Graph API to call the correct registration items (these are currently in beta today). We're also working to update the webinar experience itself (which we announce at Inspire a few weeks back) - you can read more about that here -> https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/enhancing-webinar-experiences-with-micro...

@Bryan Nyce Hello. Could you tell a little bit more about how to use Graph API to publish a registration form on the company website? Any solutions to use without developers? any widgets? Thank you