SOLVED

Email a Channel not working

Steel Contributor

Anyone else experiencing emailing a Channel  not working.  We have it enabled but when I email a channel it does not post in the channel

26 Replies

@Tanya Denton @Christopher Hoard 

I'm glad I read this, it's something for my user to try. I've a colleague who cannot generate a channel email in certain Teams and we cannot work out why. Have you experienced this?

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/why-can-a-member-of-team-get-the-email-addres...

Hi @DazzaR

Did the suggestion of @Linus Cansby work? I have also heard this too. Apologies of not responding sooner been a crazy last week!

Best, Chris
Hi, I'm still chasing my user to test it. In turn they are chasing their owner... :)
[Cue Benny Hill chase scene music]

To piggy back onto this, it seems you can't delete an email once you forward it to a channel.

1. I forwarded an email from Outlook to a Channel in Teams.
  2. I now need to delete the email in the Channel, but deleting the email is not an option.

Any ideas? Thanks!

@Tanya Denton 

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 9.37.13 AM.png

@Christopher Hoard 

Thanks! The >10mb attachment was the problem I was running in to.

@Tanya Denton Just wanted to say thank you - spent 3 days trying to solve this issue and your trick of editing the channel description worked like a charm.

Here we are in 2023 and this is still an issue.

@Tanya Denton - Thank you so much for posting the solution. Editing the description solved the issue