Home

Editing Triggers in Flows for Teams

Highlighted
Natalie Goode
Microsoft

I'm interested in creating a Flow that triggers a notification in MS Teams when an item in a column of excel is marked "Complete"

I have found a Trigger that works with rows, but not with columns. Am I able to edit a Trigger or create a new one?

Any tips on how to do that?

Thanks!

4 Replies
You have to use the row trigger, just put in a condition to check the column every time a row is modified/created and send Teams based on that. You always have to know the row number to do something in excel so they trigger on row.

For a person new to Flow and one that does not know any programming behind the program...is there a layman's way that you can explain that? :) Thanks!

Well apparently my brain failed me I thought I had seen a trigger for updating a row trigger. There is only the new excel integration option which is a manual flow for a row of data. Otherwise looks like file modification which does no good when it comes to excel.

Might be best to look at moving that excel data into a SharePoint list, then you'll be able to easily pinpoint that trigger and open up a much broader toolset.

Good to know, I'll take a look. Thanks!

Related Conversations
Teams error code - 6
damnit95 in Office 365 on
4 Replies
Sharing a Teams Calendar
Michael Krueger in Microsoft Teams on
16 Replies
Skype Room System stuck on signing in (Solved)
ckoppen in Microsoft Teams on
27 Replies
Teams Updater Vulnerability
Andrew Matthews in Microsoft Teams on
15 Replies
No Call button in Teams desktop client
Claus-Ole Olsen in Microsoft Teams on
52 Replies