Edit files in Teams

Copper Contributor

When I open a document in Teams, and click the 3 dots in the upper right, the only options are to open in SharePoint, open in desktop app, or open in browser. I  don’t see an option for ‘edit in Teams.’

Before last week, I even didn’t have to click the 3 dots at all – just clicked the document and were able to immediately start editing within Teams.

Do you know what changed with Teams?

4 Replies

Hi @Abiyna 

I did test the same in the Microsoft Teams Application and it works for me. I am able to Edit the Application in the Microsoft Teams Application.

I would recommend you to please follow the below steps and see if this works:-

1. Login to the Microsoft Teams Web Application and see if you can edit the documents from the Web Application.

2. In the Microsoft Teams Desktop Client Logout Completely and re-login to the Microsoft Teams Client and see if you are able to Edit the file.

Could be one of the glitches in the Application causing the issue.

With Regards,

Satish U

Microsoft rolled out some changes in order to minimize the load due to increased usage of the service, what you are seeing is one of the effects of the changes. There's nothing you need (or can) do about it, it will be toggled back once things get back to normal.

I think Vasil might be right, I have the option to edit in Teams though

You're not using an EDU tenant, but then again the OP hasn't specified that either, so I might be wrong :p