SOLVED

E-mail address of Teams Channel vs. its S.P

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I apologize if it's the wrong place for asking this. I am currently trying to figure out how my organization can best utilize "e-mail address" function within MS Teams. Generating e-mail address within MS Teams generates address outside of my organization's domain and any email delivered to this address comes along with a warning message- "IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information in this email (and any attachments) is confidential... for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use."

I tried generating an e-mail address of SharePoint site of the channel, and it no longer generates the warning message as address has organizational domain. But one huge mishap is that it no longer generates any notification on the "post" tab.

Having said all these, is it possible to turn on notification on the "post" tab for e-mails sent over to the channel S.P e-mail address (without using Flow or any automation, as it's blocked by our IT)? 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @JB0502 ,

I know this does not necessarily help now (might do but still rolling out for me) but it will be interesting to see how it pans out when we have the better integration in terms of getting an email from Outlook to a Teams channel, although I suppose this does not cater for just wanting to directly send an email to a Channel.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/share-an-email-to-teams-from-outlook-20ccf1da-2817-4e0b-a...

What I could suggest for now if feasible is that if it is possible, could the domain portion of the Channel generated emails be whitelisted. So for me as an example that would be: uk.teams.ms

Thanks

Henry 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @JB0502 ,

I know this does not necessarily help now (might do but still rolling out for me) but it will be interesting to see how it pans out when we have the better integration in terms of getting an email from Outlook to a Teams channel, although I suppose this does not cater for just wanting to directly send an email to a Channel.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/share-an-email-to-teams-from-outlook-20ccf1da-2817-4e0b-a...

What I could suggest for now if feasible is that if it is possible, could the domain portion of the Channel generated emails be whitelisted. So for me as an example that would be: uk.teams.ms

Thanks

Henry 

View solution in original post