During a video conference, how do you get the four users video feed (2x2 grid/split screen)?

Copper Contributor

Currently during a video meeting, it only shows one person,  I read it can show up to four people (the last ones to speak).   How do I get that multiple video 

9 Replies

I have users reporting the same issue.  Is this related to the screen size or resolution of the client device?

@Jake Edwards the OP is describing a different issue to the current maximum of four video feeds - they're talking about the difference between seeing four (if there are four+ people on the call) and only one at a time according to who is speaking, and what determines this.

Similarly for me I have a regular meeting with five people and half of us see four video feeds while the other half only see one feed. In other platforms there is a button to choose which is preferred but I can't see anything in Teams.

Am I missing a setting, or is it determined automatically according to criteria I can't guess, or is it a bug?

@MrSymes   I am trying to find the same answer as MrSymes clarifies so well above.

@sdiggs if you use web browser it will show one user video but if you use client it will show 4 users video who spoke last in the video call.

@alitaqvi thank you very much, this is just what I was looking for.

It makes sense that the browser version would limit itself in this way - I just wish there was some kind of notification to this effect (it would also encourage more people to try the app).

@sdiggs 

I believe the solution is to use the Microsoft Teams app as opposed to a webpage.  Some language online refers to the app as client.  I verified this through a team video conference where team members using the app was able to see up to 4 screens of the last ones to speak.  My screen through a webpage on Chrome only showed the last 1 person speak.  see if this works for you

@soonungtuhleeA colleague of mine is having this issue in the App.

@MrSymes - you wrote - "It makes sense that the browser version would limit itself in this way - " 

no - it does not make sense, as all competitors of Teams has several video feeds in their web-browser version also. Pick any - Google Meet, WhereBy.com , jitsi.org, zoom etc. all serve several video feeds for those who only use a browser, e.g. by using a chromebook. MS should also implement this feature. in the end of the day - Teams is a electron application based upon Chromium, same engine that drives their new browser - it's all web technology, no need for packing this into a fat client.