DTMFs tones not working to mute

Copper Contributor

Hi community!. We are having problems to use dtmfs tones with Microsoft Teams. When we send the dtmfs to mute unmute a person, this just works fine with 2 people in the meeting, but when we have 3 or more, the mute/unmute doesn't work.

Any advice?

We are using a cms from cisco and this is working just fine.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

4 Replies
Check this out - https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftTeams/comments/jccx2p/dtmf_tones_do_not_work_when_in_a_call/ - looks like it works fine in 1:1 calls but nothing more.
Hi peter, Thanks for you response. I've been seeing various threads about this, but I can't find an "official document" talking about this "problem".
Yes this can often be the case I'm afraid. Sometimes getting these things in black and white on docs.com can be difficult, even though the topic in question is widely accepted elsewhere. I can certainly raise this with the Teams Engineering team though to see if I can get some comment from them.
I see. Since I'm new here, I was trying to question this to that team, but I didn't find a way to do that. I opened this post with the hope to find a paper that talks about this, or a response of the team saying that using dtmfs in a 1 to x meeting is not supported. As you pointed out before I'm aware that people had been talking about that this is not supported but I just want an "official" answer".
Again, thanks four your kindness and time, I really apreciated