SOLVED

Drag and drop files from Sharepoint to Microsoft Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

We're fully migrating to Microsoft Teams with our project work and was wondering if there's an easy way to drag and drop files from the SharePoint to the 'Files' tab in Microsoft Teams? 

There's a lot of folders to drag from the SharePoint so its not efficient to individually 'Upload' files or folders one by one. 

Would love to hear any solution to this.

Thanks,

TOny

4 Replies

@TonyTruong 

Files are not stored in Teams, the files tab just shows a view on a folder that is stored in SharePoint. If you want to move files in SharePoint to show in the Files tab in Teams then you can use the Move to or Copy to function in SharePoint. 

Go to the files tab and click, open in SharePoint, note the location. Go to the files that you want to move and move them to the location. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/move-or-copy-files-in-sharepoint-00e2f483-4df3-46be-a861-...

Thanks for the reply Andrew, that makes sense. When attempting to copy the folders across to the new location in the SharePoint, I don't see any option to do so. I can highlight all the folders but don't see any option under the 'ellipsis' or 'more' menu to copy it across.

TonyTruong_0-1600330618070.png

best response confirmed by TonyTruong (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TonyTruong 

Pop into the document library settings, and under Advanced settings change the list experience to new Experience. The option will then appear.

Thanks Andrew - this solves my query, much appreciated!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TonyTruong (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TonyTruong 

Pop into the document library settings, and under Advanced settings change the list experience to new Experience. The option will then appear.

View solution in original post