Dominant/Active Speaker View is gone from Gallery mode

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone, Teams meeting used to allocate the whole screen to the dominant speaker, and show other participants in a small tray at the bottom. It looks like this has changed in the last one week or so. The new Gallery mode divides the screen into participant tiles and there is no way to get to the old dominant/active speaker view anymore. Is this an intended change or a bug? Are there plans to bring back this feature? Thanks!

2 Replies
Hi ahmetkatranci,

I am pretty sure there never was a "dynamic full screen speaker setup". Are you maybe comparing this to another product? However there are options to achieve something similar. Please try the Pinning and Spotlight features when choosing the ... More Options icon next to a person, maybe this will suit your needs?

Sven

@ahmetkatranci 

Thanks for posting your comments!!  I have repeatedly been trying to find a way like "Zoom" where I can have the speaker view.  This is both with and without a presentation going on.  I was able to find how to pin a specific speaker in TEAMS.  However, when in a meeting and different people are taking turns speaking it is often hard to see who is speaking based just on who's square gets highlighted.  I get easily distracted when seeing all the people and really just want the active speaker option.  Because it is not available, I consider TEAMS a less quality video conference program than alternatives.  It is my main option though at work so I do hope that this feature can be launched so people can utilize it.  The one positive feature I did find is when I leave the primary presentation, and just go to the pop out, it does this feature in a small section of the screen that can move around.  Thanks for the space to put in my comments.