SOLVED

Domain specific member

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have just moved to Microsoft teams. I now need to add members.

Can I make it domain-specific? 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @rajatbehl ,

You can certainly create either an allow or block list of domains for Guest Users that can be added if that is what you mean?

Taken from Teams Admin Centre > Org-Wide Settings > External Access

henryarphillips365_0-1595628504627.png

A similar thing can also be controlled from within the External Identities Blade of Azure AD:

henryarphillips365_1-1595628569873.png

As for internal, it is just all that are available by way of Azure AD to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks

Henry

Hi @rajatbehl ,

Just thought and you could make use of Information Barriers to help along a similar lines internally, if you have certain Teams within an organisation that should not interact with one another.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech - Why am I not able to sign in, in the team's admin center?

How will i change the setting unless i sign in?

Hi,

Did you sign up to the Free version of Teams or have Teams by way of an M365 subscription, such as an E3 license.

If the free version you do not have the ability to make Admin Centre changes and would have to upgrade to the paid for version to have more control.

If you do have Teams by way of an M365 license then you will need to have an account that has been assigned to a sufficient role.

However if it was access then it would normally say and still allow you to authenticate.

So I am inclined to say you are using the free version, which gives you less control in the administration of it.

Thanks

Henry
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @rajatbehl ,

You can certainly create either an allow or block list of domains for Guest Users that can be added if that is what you mean?

Taken from Teams Admin Centre > Org-Wide Settings > External Access

henryarphillips365_0-1595628504627.png

A similar thing can also be controlled from within the External Identities Blade of Azure AD:

henryarphillips365_1-1595628569873.png

As for internal, it is just all that are available by way of Azure AD to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post