Does Screen Share work for Guests

Copper Contributor

So, I see that I can give control of my screen with a guest now that I enabled screen share control, however, is there a way for a guest to also provide me control to their desktop. I see the button that says request control, but it is greyed out and nothing happens when clicked on?

Is this possible for a guest user who does not have office 365?

If not this should be an allowable feature if at least one party is a Office 365 member. Its very limiting otherwise. I work with clients who consistently need me to take control of their screen and have never heard of the teams and other apps for microsoft when I add them to one of my teams. This would be a great way to increase the amount of users who would start using a paid version of Microsoft teams and other office apps because they never have heard about it. Instead, ive been having to get them to use the free version of TeamViewer or something else so they never get exposed to the potential of Teams for their business since that's less chances they are able to.

2 Replies

@Chris WilsonI don't believe this function is available unless they have the local client installed. they can now install teams free which will allow them this function as long as its installed locally.

@leetptgUnless you have already tried it, unfortunately it does not work for me.