Disable thumbnail/preview of any link contained in what you paste into a Teams WIKI Page?

Copper Contributor

I'm in the process of migrating a lot of short documents and other notes from Trello cards into a teams wiki page. I'm copying and pasting the formatted text into the destination wiki page. But, every time I paste text that contains a link the wiki page goes and gets an image and or preview of the linked page. And the images are giant with a bunch of whitespace around them. How can I disable that "feature"? I just want the URL to be visible and an active link. I don't need a thumbnail image or page preview.

2 Replies
Yes please. I'd like to completely disable this behaviour. It clutters the UI and doesn't add any value for me.

@drewnoakes I've had so many problems with the WIKI product that I started asking questions on Reddit. And the overwhelming response was to use One Note in Teams instead of the WIKI product. I can tell you that the One Note in Teams is okay, but not great. Biggest problem is formatting text, especially for Code Blocks (for programmers). But it is hands down better then WIKI. I cannot recommend either if you have a lot of documentation to write. But for snippets of code or short paragraphs the One Note interface is okay.

Its a total shame to see Microsoft producing such sub-par products compared to Word and Excel.