SOLVED

Disable private chat but allow receiving chats

Brass Contributor

We disabled private chat for our students, but as a result, they cannot receive private chats as well: Administrator has disabled chats for this user

Teachers must be able to communicate directly with students if necessary. So we like to disable private chat conditionally somehow for students. Is that possible?

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Erjen Rijnders (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Erjen Rijnders 

As far as I know conditional private chat is not available.

I don't work in an educational setting but we have disabled private chats in our organization. What we do is have 'private' chat channels inside of the Team for one-on-one private chats.

I.E - You would have a 'Grade 8' team with all students in it. The teacher would then have a private chat channel with each student. The only thing to keep in mind is that all students would be able to chat in the 'General' channel that gets created by default when setting up a new Team. 

Hi,

I know it's not the best solution but it will work.

IF you have a separate team for every class you can make a private channel for every student one-by-one. So the teacher can send a message individually and because it's not private chat they can answer there as well.

@Erjen Rijnders 

@SteveTheITDude @GaborOrsi 

It's not the best solution for us but at least it helps..

Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Erjen Rijnders (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Erjen Rijnders 

As far as I know conditional private chat is not available.

I don't work in an educational setting but we have disabled private chats in our organization. What we do is have 'private' chat channels inside of the Team for one-on-one private chats.

I.E - You would have a 'Grade 8' team with all students in it. The teacher would then have a private chat channel with each student. The only thing to keep in mind is that all students would be able to chat in the 'General' channel that gets created by default when setting up a new Team. 

View solution in original post