Disable email notifications for channel meetings acceptance

Copper Contributor

My school is scheduling Teams meetings for live lessons in each class team so that they appear in the student's calendar. However, if the student 'accepts' the meeting the teacher is getting an email notification. Is there a way to disable this. We have tried turning off email notifications in the Teams profile, but this type of email is still getting through.

7 Replies

Use Outlook to send the invitation. Copy the Live event link, compose a new Outlook meeting invite, paste it, then make sure to click Response Options on the Ribbon, and uncheck Request Responses. 

Not a good solution I am afraid. You do not understand the context of the question. @Vasil Michev 

@vanderpere

Hei Vanderpere, Could you find a solution? I am struggling with exactly the same issue. Receiving an email every time someone accepted my Teams meeting is annoying. Using outlook like Vasil Michev suggested is no alternative because this means you need to do the second step via Outlook.

@Ann_Woo 

does anyone able to find a solution for this thread? 

@vanderpere 

Aha, a lot of searches and finally found the link to fix this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/skypehybridguy/why-do-i-receive-invites-to-channel-me...

Please like it if you find it useful.

Regards,
Vipul

@vanderpere 

Dear Sir, 

In my school , all class sections are scheduling meeting subject wise and I am receiving invitation email on my outlook in bulk and due to this I sometimes missed my important emails as my outlook is full of such teams meting invitations . I do not want any invitation on outlook.

Isnt there a solution for this? I keep getting lots of emails, and I am frustrated. This is obviously a bad user experience, is there anyone to care?