Disable banner notifications and keep sound notification?

Copper Contributor

This has probably been posted, but I've searched a bit and can't find the exact scenario I'm looking for. I want to disable the Banner notifications for Chat Messages but keep the sound notification turned on. Turning Chat Messages notifications "off" is also disabling the sound (even though my Notification Sounds are set to Call, Mention, and Chat). I want to work on my device without the pop-ups caused by the Banner notifications, but I want to be able to hear when I get a chat message. Is there any way to do this?

5 Replies
Nope Banner triggers sound. Pretty much stuck with how it works unfortunately. I'd go vote for uservoice item as others have already started voting on it here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35208259-new-notification-type...

Thank you, sir. Exactly what I'm looking for. Voted - although it's not looking like a very popular option. I'd be happy a smaller "pop up" of some kind, just so it doesn't have the actual message displayed for all to see. (I think I've voted for that, too.)
Agree. I’ll take it back to Redmond next time and talk to messaging team.

@BDSmith 

Baner to triger sound notification ? - This is the stupidest ever feature MS implemented.
How the heck I can disable banner without disable sound notification for messages !?
What does one have to do with the other?
MS make everithing possible to annoy greater ammount of people - successfuly!

I totally agree.. this drives me crazy with all the pop-ups from our group chats. I need to know when someone posts, but the banner does not need to intrude on my work space.