SOLVED

Direct Routing - Straight to Voicemail

Steel Contributor

In SfB, you could send a call direct to Voicemail using a SIP formatted string ending in ";opaque=app:voicemail".  I've not been able to test (no current access to a direct routing config), but has anybody seen if this same functionality works with Teams and Direct Routing?

6 Replies

Hi @jangliss 

We always have an option in the Microsoft Teams Client like we used to have in Skype for Business to forward the calls to Microsoft Teams Voicemail in the Calls Settings.

With Regards,

Satish U

best response confirmed by jangliss (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hello @RealTime_M365

Not quite what I meant. I understand the client, when receiving a call, can press the send to voicemail button and it'll be sent straight there. My specific question was if the call could be routed from the SBC direct to voicemail, with no user interaction.

For example, other PBX systems support functionality called "Time of Day Restrictions". This allows calls that match those restrictions, based on time, to be routed to a different location, such as direct to voicemail. MS Teams does not support Time of Day Restrictions, so I was working on an alternative solution until something like that was supported.

Today I figured out how to do it from the SBC and used the same string as mentioned above. With AudioCodes SBC create a message manipulation rule (Setup > Signalling and Media > Message Manipulation > Message Manipulations), and the set the Message Type to Invite.Request, set the Condition to match whatever you want. Then:

Action Subject: Header.Request-URI.URL.Param.opaque

Action Type: Add

Action Value: 'app:voicemail'

The call is then automatically routed to voicemail when the conditions match.

Working on implementing this for a few specific numbers currently, but can't get it to fire. I assume the issue exists in my Condition. Are you using Header.To == '<sip:xxxxx>' or something else?

@Chris_Ernst 

I can't find my customer's config with the final code in, but my lab environment looks something like the attached screen shot.  In my case, the number dialed is *XXXX where the X is a digit.  I capture the digits and rewrite the destination, and modify the parameter to include the "app:voicemail".

As you're looking to execute against specific numbers, instead of providing a "transfer to voicemail" option like I'm doing here, you can drop index 1, and merge 2 into 0 match to be something like:

Param.Call.Dst.User == "123456789"

Then change the action subject so it looks like 2. I'm using the capture to modify the headers so they're correct when it gets sent back to Teams.

Hope that helps!

@jangliss 

I need a reverse way, send call to user and avoid voicemail.

Some DID can't go to voicemail.

Is it possible?

Hi,

You need to disable the voicemail option for the users who are assigned with the DID.

With Regards,
Satish U
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jangliss (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hello @RealTime_M365

Not quite what I meant. I understand the client, when receiving a call, can press the send to voicemail button and it'll be sent straight there. My specific question was if the call could be routed from the SBC direct to voicemail, with no user interaction.

For example, other PBX systems support functionality called "Time of Day Restrictions". This allows calls that match those restrictions, based on time, to be routed to a different location, such as direct to voicemail. MS Teams does not support Time of Day Restrictions, so I was working on an alternative solution until something like that was supported.

Today I figured out how to do it from the SBC and used the same string as mentioned above. With AudioCodes SBC create a message manipulation rule (Setup > Signalling and Media > Message Manipulation > Message Manipulations), and the set the Message Type to Invite.Request, set the Condition to match whatever you want. Then:

Action Subject: Header.Request-URI.URL.Param.opaque

Action Type: Add

Action Value: 'app:voicemail'

The call is then automatically routed to voicemail when the conditions match.

View solution in original post