SOLVED

Direct routing + MTR's

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've been unable to find the answer to this question so I'm posting here.

If direct routing is configured to utilize an on-premise SBC, will I be able to make PSTN calls from an MTR (or teams client for that matter) that lives in the same location as the SBC if there is an internet outage?

Will call control need to hit the teams tenant to know how to route a call to the SBC?

3 Replies

@Jlatessa 

Since the community has not yet responded to your post, you might want to seek assistance with other resources that are focused on tech support:

• Ask your IT manager to open a support case or call Microsoft using the support line you were given.  Other options for business subscription admins are listed here:

Get support | Microsoft Docs

https://support.serviceshub.microsoft.com/supportforbusiness/create

Additional tech support is available at support.microsoft.com or Answers.microsoft.com, where authorized Microsoft agents are available to trouble an issue until it’s resolved.

best response confirmed by Jlatessa (Copper Contributor)
Solution
This can depend on the SBC you have, and if you have a specific feature on it. The feature you're looking for is Survivable Branch Appliance. This is a feature that allows your local SBC to act as a device registration end-point for Teams clients so they can continue to make/receive calls based on the Teams configurations, if Teams is unavailable.
Thank you for the information!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jlatessa (Copper Contributor)
Solution
This can depend on the SBC you have, and if you have a specific feature on it. The feature you're looking for is Survivable Branch Appliance. This is a feature that allows your local SBC to act as a device registration end-point for Teams clients so they can continue to make/receive calls based on the Teams configurations, if Teams is unavailable.

View solution in original post