digital transformation-steps to take

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I work in healthcare and my organisation are planning to embrace and better utilise MS teams across our large organisation.

I work in the non-clinical side of the organisation.  MS teams is currently being used across the organisation but mainly in a video chat capacity.  I am part of a project team to look at how we can deploy MS teams deeper into the organisations functions (teams) to promote co- working, reporting, and many other features of teams .  But before we get there I am just brain storming the steps involved to get organisation on a path of evolution.  The organisation has recognised the need to connect current non-clinical systems to MS teams and pull in that information for example HR information , training e modules etc.  I think I have recognised the first step by individually talking to teams and identifying the system they use and the information it generates. Also we would need to identify for each team the interactions they have with other teams for there processes, eg finance meet procure once a month to reconcile statement.  The aim of that is hoped to cross connect teams and communicate /work on that process and so on.. on MS teams. Once the organisational/coperate systems have been identified to then map that to MS teams functionality apps.

This is what I think the first step , but I might be wrong.  This is why I would like to reach out to the community to ask , what are the steps involved to produce a solid road map which I can start attain to help better utilise MS teams and move towards a MS teams full deeper integrated future.

Also from a project management perspective what would need to go into the project plan? What does the training of employees look like? 

If theres another forum/website anyone thinks would be helpful for what I am asking I am open to looking .  Appreciate any help and will keep and community updated on progress.

2 Replies

Hello @Cosmic_wave  We are very happy you're giving such advance thought to setting up MS Teams for your organization.

I'm going to tag three of our most active MVPs - @Christopher Hoard @adam deltinger and @Steven Collier  - for  one of their perspectives.  They work with clients like you all the time and probably have a process down pat.

Hi @Cosmic_wave,

Hard to answer really, as a consultant I would start by understanding your organisations goal and then understand your business before I would be able to suggest a course of action. I would say in most cases focusing on the elements of communication and collaboration via Teams comes first, people in a backoffice type situation typically spend most of their day working with documents and communicating so Teams brings immediate benefits. Business applications get considered based on the value of integrating less the cost of doing so. Often it ends up being some niche areas where a simple integration can have a big impact.