Different Teams

Copper Contributor

I am writing because I am having an issue with teams. I am involved with a few different organizations and I am wanting to create different teams for each organization, However when I try to set up teams for each organization I am only able to put members of the team I initially set up which is from one organization into the other teams. They are not members of the other teams,. How do I get to add different people into the new teams. If that makes sense. I am trying to use teams for all the organizations that I run. 

3 Replies

@stagefirehotmailcom 

I am not quite understanding what you are trying to achieve.  Are you trying to add a member of Organization A into a Team in Organization B for example - have I understood that correctly?

@PeterRising I knew I wasn't saying it right, what I am trying to do is I have Team A created and I am using for work and it only allows me to add users from my place of employment, I want to create Team B and created it but it would only allow me to add my coworkers instead of from my personal email which is what I use to run all of my other organizations. 

@stagefirehotmailcom 

Ah OK, so you are switching between organizations within the Teams client - correct?

If so, what you are experiencing is by design - the two organizations are entirely separate.  If you wanted to invite people from your personal email into the organizational Teams, you would have to set them up as guest users in the organization, and not your personal Teams instance.  Hope that makes sense actually.