Different name showing as the person who invited a guest

Copper Contributor

My colleague sent an invitation to a guest in Teams and when the invitation was received, it showed a different person had invited the guest.

The person that sent the invitation is Fred but when the invitation was received, it showed that "Felix had invited you as a guest to company"Teams invitation error.jpg

11 Replies

Hi @felixmintah475,

is Felix the owner of the team?

My thought is, that Frederick submitted to add a new member and the owner Felix approved this maybe?

Sven

Thanks but unfortunately that's not the case. Frederick is a Global Admin and he created the Team and he is the owner. I am not even a member of that Team he created.

@felixmintah475 okay, does this happen every time when inviting guests?

Are you logged into multiple Teams accounts on your laptop at the moment? 

Mobile and Desktop apps

@felixmintah475 sorry, I mean are you logged in with multiple accounts on the device you are inviting from? Check back in Windows to make sure there are no "old" logins

@svenseidenberg not logged in with multiple accounts. Frederick has a single account and that's his account he invited the guest. I asked him to add me as a guest on his private team and it still came as Felix instead of Frederick.

Thanks

@svenseidenberg not logged in with multiple accounts. Frederick has a single account and that's his account he invited the guest. I asked him to add me as a guest on his private team and it still came as Felix instead of Frederick.

Thanks
Try like this !

Use web version teams to invite guest and validate the email message.

@Vadivelu B Thanks, I will try and get back.

Did you analyzed! Is fixed?
This is happening to us as well, sometimes even with made-up names that don't exist in our company. Please let us know if you find the cause