Difference in Teams Calendar behavior for Class vs PLC/Staff types

Copper Contributor

One annoying thing I have noticed (and perhaps it is an issue with my domain setup) is that meetings scheduled in Teams of "Class" type automatically appear in the calendar of students with hashmarks.

Gordon_Chiu_0-1587576286846.png

Students can RSVP if they want to but the important thing is they see the meeting. Meetings scheduled in Teams of "PLC/Staff" type do not automatically appear in the calendars of faculty/staff. You have to go into the Team, click on the appointment in the channel, then click "Add to Calendar". Can anyone explain why they behave differently? Microsoft Support (Luke) basically said it was a feature not a bug - thanks Luke. 

3 Replies

@Gordon_Chiu I was able to replicate this. Ideally you were scheduling a channel meeting. it works for a class vs not working for a staff or PLC.  This should be a Bug... Raise it back to MS. In the mean while you can get a Group created  -  A distribution List or a mail enabled Security group and add that to the attendees or add individual users .. This way they see it in their calendar. 

@Maruthi Gadde Thanks for your reply. I wish Microsoft Support agreed with your assessment. Like I said, they feel it is "normal" behavior and gave me a song and dance. I responded to them for a real explanation for the difference but got silence from them.

Same problem. Any solution in the meantime? @Gordon_Chiu