Dial Plan extension not matching end phone digits

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm on a phone migration for Teams, and have a hard time finding a solution to an important need.

There's 99 phone number that are configured to have an extension from 0001 to 0099, those phone number does not end with the same digits as the extension, those extensions are a specific need.

Problem is that we want the external caller to avoid typing the first 00 when on the auto-attendant and straight type 01 or 22 or 84 etc... and be directed to the phone number needed.

I've been told it is possible to use dial plan to set-up this specific need, but so far, what i'm finding are configuration for extension matching the end of the phone number only.

Could you please enlighten me on how I should proceed here please?

Thank you

Nad

4 Replies
I would suggest that you set the extension to 01-99.
Like +15551234x34 or +15551234x01 (if that was what you meant).

I don't see how you could use the Dial plan for this, that is for users dialling out not for the Auto Attendant.
I talked about auto-attendant, but did not meant it's the Auto Attendant that will use the dial plan, my phrasing must've been wrong.

But I thought that extension setting would work with 4 digits only, that will help a lot more actually, thanks a lot.

Still, i'm curious if dial plan is able to perform this task "forget about Auto-Attendant", for the case of "+15551234x01" and how so?
I've not tested with 2 digits only, but with 3 digits in extension. Where did you see the requirement of 4 digits?

The dial plan will not be able to solve that if you dial 01 it will call +15551234, you need the extension in the phone number.
It was not specifically said that it require 4 digits, just on Microsoft documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/create-a-phone-system-auto-attendant it was showing 4 digits, so I assumed that from there.

Also managed to test with 2 digits and it seems to be working alright.

Understood for the dial plan, thanks for your help.