Desktop app will not connect

Copper Contributor

There is one employee in or office who is unable to use Teams through the desktop app. Every time she tries to log on she gets: Error code - env_check_error Failed to connect to settings endpoint.

She has no problem using the web based version of the program.

We have uninstalled and performed a clean install and still no change in results. Moving to another computer returns the same results and no other user in the facility is experiencing any issue. Are you able to assist?

8 Replies
Hmmm interesting!

Are you by chance using a proxy? Does that proxy use rules like whitelists of users permitted to connect?

Best, Chris
Try to login on another users computer logged in as that user and logout from teams - login as the affected user!

Any user side gpos on that user?
Rules applied to this user are the same as others that are not experiencing any problems.
Logged into my computer as myself the user was able to use the desktop app without any issue. I'm thinking there is either something corrupt in her profile or possibly a registry setting that isn't configured properly.
Yes, as I suspected, there’s something about that user logging in! You are using roaming profiles?
Here are some of the suggestion that needs to be checked as well;

- has the Teams being pushed by any GPO or has been installed by any endpoint management software
- has the Teams being installed part of the MS office package

with either of the above system, I would suggest removing the Teams manually and then also search for any registry files and any other folders inside app data and program folders in the users' profile that are somehow related to MS teams delete them.

after doing all these installs the new / updated version of the MS teams should resolve this issue.

@PDostiyar 

I faced the same problem. At the end the solution was quite easy: In the sign in window I did not use the prefilled user entry, but I typed in a fancy user name. I was forwarded to the next window were I should type in my password. Next to the "continue" button I found a hyperlink "sign in as actual user" (or something like this, don't remember). I clicked on this hyperlink ... and had been connected!

And now even the standard sign in procedure works ...

@Fred_0815that is great at least you know how to figure it out. thanks for sharing your experience.