Desktop App Screen Glitches

Copper Contributor

Hello, over the past month or two, I have started to encounter issues with my Teams Desktop App becoming glitchy and making my screen difficult to use, in some cases unable to be used. I've started to try using the Teams Online version, but it has calling limitations, which is generally when my issues start to pop up. Is there a known bug out there with Teams Desktop and video drivers or something that is causing this issue?

I have attached a couple videos from my phone capturing what I'm experiencing. The first one (10 seconds from 2020-02-17) is while on a Teams Desktop call and one of the other attendees on the call is sharing his screen. You can see that it starts flashing. The second one (22 seconds from 2020-02-12) doesn't have anyone sharing screens, but the screen flashing is still occurring.

3 Replies

@Jake Gustafson I have an HP laptop experiencing the same issue when sharing content via a Teams session.  Have you received any response or made any progress on this issue?

@cries12270I haven't heard anything back. I try to use OneNote Online to try avoiding issues as it seemed as though the combination of OneNote Desktop and Teams Desktop was a common culprit of the glitches. I feel now that Outlook Desktop App might be partially behind this, so as much as I hate to think of using Outlook Online, I may need to start doing that, too. Otherwise, I will see what Teams Online brings to the table, but haven't had great success there either. I guess the summary of my rant response here is that the Online versions of the tools aren't living up to my standards and that is unfortunate. My local IT guys have tried looking into some different things and I don't feel that it is as common or severe as it had originally been, but definitely not fixed.

Hi, I think I've already found a possible solution, at least worked for me.

One way to avoid this problem is opening excel or another program you want to share with administrator privileges (even if the local or domain user account is already an administrator) and try to share again the window in MS Teams. From now on, the only thing it should blink it's mouse pointer, but is not as critical as the entire interface on the app.

Hope it works for  you.

Cheers.

Kevin Araya Reygada.

Antofagasta, Chile. 

@Jake Gustafson