Desktop app restarting itself even when on calls

Copper Contributor

I'm leaving the Teams desktop app on my taskbar and noticed that it's restarting from time to time. Earlier today I was on a meeting and the app also restarted... And it's happening very often.

I already uninstalled and installed it again (about 5 or 6 times), and restarted my computer.

I'm using Teams desktop app Version 1.0 (there isn't more version details in about page - but I downloaded it yesterday) and Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (build 18363.720).

6 Replies

Can you try the following: 

Fully exit Microsoft Teams Client.  (Right click on Teams icon from the icon tray and select "quit", or you can use task manager ;))

Next, run the following Powershell commands:

Remove-Item –path $env:APPDATA”\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage\*”

Remove-Item –path $env:APPDATA”\Microsoft\teams\Cache\*”

Remove-Item –path $env:APPDATA”\Microsoft\teams\databases\*”

Remove-Item –path $env:APPDATA”\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache\*”

Remove-Item –path $env:APPDATA”\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB\*” -recurse

Remove-Item –path $env:APPDATA”\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage\*” -recurse

Remove-Item –path $env:APPDATA”\Microsoft\teams\tmp\*”

Restart Teams and see if problems are fixed. 

Let me know! 

I'll try that right now and will get in touch in a few to hours to report if it worked. Thanks.
Ok 👍🏻

@Mitchell BakkerWell, now it can't log in. The app get stucked on loading page and then shows this:

jfbueno_0-1585245163895.png

It keeps happening event after signing out...

I just tried to log in using the mobile app and it's saying that my license doesn't include access to Teams. This is certainly why I can't login now, but I don't know why I was able use it earlier today (also why my colleagues can use it right now).

AFAIK in our company we have Exchange servers (not office 365).

@jfbueno that's weird... 

Are you sure you are using the correct login credentials?

Can you try to login to webpage of Office365 en start Teams from there? Is the web client working?