Deployment Loop - SfB User calling Teams User via Call>Work

Iron Contributor

Hybrid mode has been setup as per docs.

A user has been moved from Sfb to Teams (user is now Teams Only).  A SfB user can find the person and it shows as a Teams user and can call them peer to peer (Skype call) fine (sfb client to teams client)

However, what this customer has is that the default option when clicking on call is "Work" when finding the user in SfB.  Work is the phone number of the user (their LineURI). I would have presumed if they call this number then a Reverse Number Lookup is done and treats it as a peer-to-peer call so would work same as the working method.

However, looking at the logs it seems to send it out to sipfed.online.lync.com via the EDGE server (so not via SBC) to the telephone number into the Teams tenant. Again, I would expect this to still work as the number is programmed for the user in Teams PowerShell.  But what I get is 

“Deployment location loop detected: request arrived from the deployment location of the target user”

From this it seems to imply that the user is still Skype for Business and therefore Microsoft won't accept it....

btw I can call the Direct Dial correctly when calling from the outside (SBC sends directly to Teams).

Any ideas?

0 Replies