SOLVED

Deleting a Shared List or Plan in Planner for Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to Rename and Delete some of the old plans/lists that I have created for my Team on Teams. These are under Shared Plans using the Planner app. I am not seeing three dots or the ability to rename or delete. Capture.PNG

8 Replies

Hi @shelbtaylor,

if you don't have access to the channel where the planner was added, I'm afraid it is not possible to delete the Shared List from Task app (unless you delete the entire Team).

Could you please verify that the Channel is not missing?

Regards,

Dimitri

@DimitriR 

Hello,

I do have access to the channel - I did not create the channel but I created all the lists and now I can't rename them or delete them. 

You need to remove the Planner board tabs from the teams channels for them to disappear from the Tasks.

Took me WAY to long to figure that one out.
I still want to have the Planner and Board I just want to rename and clean them up... It's so odd there isn't just the three dots beside them to be able to do this easily!
best response confirmed by shelbtaylor (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @shelbtaylor,

you can rename/delete a Shared List directly from the Teams Planner Tab as shown:

RemoveSharedTaskList.png

Regards,

Dimitri

Hi @shelbtaylor,

any updates? Did you manage to delete/rename the shared lists?

Regards,

Dimitri

Thanks so much for your help, your suggestion worked!

No problem @shelbtaylor, glad I could help.

Please don't forget to "mark as best response" in order to help other peers that face the same problem.

Thank you!

Dimitri

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by shelbtaylor (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @shelbtaylor,

you can rename/delete a Shared List directly from the Teams Planner Tab as shown:

RemoveSharedTaskList.png

Regards,

Dimitri

View solution in original post