Declining/Proposing New Meeting Times for Meetings Managed via Teams Channel Calendar

Copper Contributor

I would like to begin using a Calendar within a Teams Channel to manage all the various team and sub-team meetings for the project that I'm running. The intent is to centralize all meetings, assign multiple organizers, capture recordings in a one location and place all agendas, notes and follow up items in *one* place.

However, I've noticed some weirdness as there doesn't seem to be the ability to gracefully decline a meeting or propose and alternate time. 

I'm assuming that the issue at hand may be that I don't have access to Exchange account that actually owns the Team. When I look at the invite the Organizer is listed as [Active Directory Name] as opposed to me. I understand that.

Do I then simply need access to the mailbox for the AD group so that I can see the declines & proposed time changes? 

3 Replies
TBH I don't know if or how you'd manage this from a Team Channel. The "channel calendar" app only makes "Channel meetings" which invites everyone from the group.

The closest solution I can think of at the moment is "Microsoft Bookings" which will allow you to create and manage multiple meetings for your team. There is a dedicated web app for Bookings, but you can also add it to Teams from the store if you wish.

Recordings will still need to be started manually by the meeting 'owner' and moved from their OneDrive into SharePoint.

I think that the solution is to become a Delegate of the Exchange Account for the Team.