SOLVED

Debian 10 Teams share screen blake / crash

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm using debian 10 buster. I've installed the lastest teams.deb

When i launch the app and share my entire screen, the app crash and exit.

If I use chrome and share my entire screen, I got a black screen...

My team mates have the same problem with the same environnement.
On debian 9 it works... 

14 Replies

I have the same error on my Ubuntu 18.04. 

Teams Version: 1.3.00.958 (64-bit)

Can I do anything to support the developers to find the bug?

J'ai le même problème! Teams complètement inutilisable à cause de ce bug. Surtout que je l'utilise pour faire mon cours donc, j'ai été obligé à passer temporairement à la plateforme Zoom. Y'a-t-il des espoirs 

Hello@EnguezzFr 

I am also using debian 10 and microsoft teams crashes everytime I try share my screen. It works perfectly in Web teams in browser. I think you can use it for sometime, Maybe microsoft will fix it. But in Web teams call feature does not work in Firefox ESR.

Regards,

Sagar

After some research, the problem is Debian 10. It didn't offer desktop cast.
I didn't know why they remove this feature compared of Debian 9. Bad os, I didn't recommend it.

@EnguezzFr: sound's really strange, because with Slack I have no issue to share my screen.

But with teams it crash.

best response confirmed by EnguezzFr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @lionel_k  @EnguezzFr , After latest update of debian 10 (buster). Screen Sharing works in microsoft teams. 

Current debian kernel information :  4.19.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.98-1+deb10u1 (2020-04-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

:o !

It work :o !

No black screen on chrome :o !
No crash on teams !!

waouh !

@EnguezzFr 

It's an issue with XWayland on Debian 10. If you (re)-start your X session using XWindow as display manager instead of Xwayland, the teams share screen will works.

(i.e. change on the parameters icon after tape the user login and before put the passwd)

No, before last update, x11 had same issue. I've test. My Linux didn't have environment swap on login.

@EnguezzFryou have to use Xorg instead of Wayland. Switch it at login time.

@giorgiop20 
"My Linux didn't have environment swap on login"

@EnguezzFrInstall Xorg, then you will have it. But default isntallation on Buster AFAIK should have the switch. After you click on your username and before entering the passwd you have the button on the bottom right of the login screen (gdm3 manager)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by EnguezzFr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @lionel_k  @EnguezzFr , After latest update of debian 10 (buster). Screen Sharing works in microsoft teams. 

Current debian kernel information :  4.19.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.98-1+deb10u1 (2020-04-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

View solution in original post