Customized Background in Teams Being Cropped

Copper Contributor

We had several customized backgrounds developed for us by our marketing agency.  The backgrounds are cropped (cannot see the entire background) when using my desktop but the same images work fine on my laptop as well as everyone else in the company.  

I'm using the latest version of both Teams and MS Edge.

4 Replies

Hello @ctews   According to this article, your background image dimensions should be a minimum size of 1920×1080.  Teams Background Guide | Microsoft Teams Background Size (ramsac.com)

@ThereseSolimeno 

Thank you for the reply....I'll double check that but the strange thing is the image works on my laptop in the office and at home.  It's just my desktop at the office where the background images is cropped

Hi, we are facing the same issue.
We're all trying to use the same background, but some of us are displaying cropped background image (even when all of the Teams meeting participants are on horizontal layout).
Have you managed to find the solution to this?

Thanks in advance

@ctews 

My IT guy managed to find the problem for me. It was the camera aspect ratio. 

I went to the camera app of my laptop and in settings, I found that the aspect ratio of my video was 4:3 and that is why the background was being cropped. It had nothing to do with the Teams application, rather with the camera of my laptop. So, I resized the image I wanted to match the 4:3 ratio and now it is perfect.

Hope this helps.