(Custom) Tabs are no longer displayed to guests

Copper Contributor

As of this morning Custom Tabs and tabs like Planner/Wiki etc. are no longer displayed to guests (tested from Web App). Yesterday it was still working.

I see that administration of teams has moved to a new admin panel, but I do not see a setting that reflects allowing guest users to access tabs.

I've tried re-adding the Custom Tab but that does not work.

14 Replies

Same here - it seems not a admin new option - if yes it is an big mistake. Because if have put a guest under a specific Team of course thar I wanted to that guest access any tab in that Teams. It is logic. In my case, I set it as a shared place to my external users to access contents. What about now? @koenvissers 

@Bemvilac I think the last question is for Microsoft Teams development team right? If not, then I did not get your question. We use our Teams for joined collaboration on projects with our customers. They cannot access important project features right now :cry:

Yes, yes, a did the same - I am totally lost right now - about 20 clients use Teams like that - calls are blow my mind @koenvissers 

@koenvissers - Just to add we have a number of customers  who have discovered this issue and all was ok yesterday.    I have just confirmed this is a problem in our own tenant by testing with a guest account. 

It means that is a bug? I am totally desperate. You guys are working on it? Mine still not displaying @Paul_Terris 

@Bemvilac Anyone raised a support ticket on this yet? I will be doing this later on behalf of customer if no one has had an official reply from Microsoft support.   

I use an office 365 Developer Account is that possible to send an support ticket?

@koenvissers We also have this problem. It changed in the last 24 hours. It is not a permissions issue as guests can still get access to the sharepoint resources to which the tabs are linked.

@Bemvilac  office 365 admin centre ----> support ----> raise new service request - turn off support assistant.

Just did @Paul_Terris . Now is wait 

Hello, @koenvissers - I'm glad to see your post, because we just noticed the same thing.   I hope it's a bug or a new setting, and not by design.  

@Nick Kintanar @Bemvilac @Paul_Terris @Edwin_Derry 

I just checked again, and all tabs are displayed for guest users again.

...seems it was a bug and it was fixed :smile:

@koenvissers , awesome, I just checked and looks ok over here too. Thank you for updating us!
Glad to have seen this post. Had 1 guest user report this today and when I looked at it with her, the tab was back. So, now I know it wasn't just us. Thanks!