Custom background now working.

Copper Contributor

I understand that there is supposed to be a button that allows you to upload your own images as an MS Teams background, but I do not see that button. Please fix it so I can upload my own image.

8 Replies
There is nothing to fix, just be sure to have the latest version of Teams installed and running

@Juan Carlos González Martín  im talking about the add new button. I am trying to upload my own image. i can only use the pre added ones.

@Reid_Alexander  You can add your own meeting background in the Teams client but not if you have joined a Teams meeting via the web.

In meeting select more actions (...) and then Apply background effects. Then select +Add new to add a new background image of your choice. 

add background image.jpg

@Deleted i do not see that option.

@Reid_Alexander  I suspect that the Admin may have switched off the ability for users to add their own backgrounds (NoFilters). This is managed via PowerShell and cannot be seen in the Teams Admin portal.

See Microsoft Docs info

Meeting policy settings - Video filters mode

This is a per-user policy. This setting controls whether users can customize their video background in a meeting.

Currently, you can only use PowerShell to set this policy. You can edit an existing Teams meeting policy by using the Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy cmdlet. Or, create a new Teams meeting policy by using the New-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy cmdlet, and then assign the policy to users.

To specify whether users can customize their video background in a meeting, set the VideoFiltersMode parameter as follows:

MEETING POLICY SETTINGS - VIDEO FILTERS MODESetting value in PowerShell Behavior
NoFiltersUser can't customize their video background.
BlurOnlyUser has the option to blur their video background.
BlurandDefaultBackgroundsUser has the option to blur their video background or choose from the default set of images to use as their background.
AllFiltersUse has the option to blur their video background, choose from the default set of images, or upload custom images to use as their background.

@Deleted how do  i make it so i can add my own>

@Deleted @Juan Carlos González Martín How do i amke it so I am able to use uploadimages?

@Reid_Alexander  you need to speak to the team that manages the Office 365 IT administration to find out why they switched off the option