Custom Background In MS Teams

Brass Contributor

UPDATED It looks like this is in the process of being rolled out or at least actively tested.

If you have the version with the option to select a background image, custom images can be added.

Save your image /s in the Uploads folder below

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\Backgrounds\Uploads

Then, in teams while on a call; click the 'More Actions' (Three Dots) at the bottom, select 'Show Background Effects'

The pictures you added should show up on the right hand side of the screen with the default options from Microsoft.

Good Luck!

S

83 Replies
What version of MS Teams?

@Pham_Danh 

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/3/20.

Where you get that version? Don't seem to be live yet

@Pham_Danh 

It looks like this may be in the process of getting rolled out.

I used it on two separate calls this afternoon.

This is what the options menu looks like

seanwindrem_0-1586212081529.png

@seanwindrem I am on the same version with you. But I still do not have the show background effect.

@Jin Chen 

Same here.   on 1.3.00.8663.  Only new feature i see is End meeting.   Do not see the background effect 

Does anyone know how to find this folder on your Mac? I came as far as the ~Library folder and then got hopelessly lost... 

Hi @potad - try this for macOS: /users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads

@Hi all,

How to fix a default background in Teams?

Thanks

Mário

I wanted to say How to put a default Background in teams?

@Kelly_Edinger it worked, thanks a lot:happyface:! I had to make the library folder visible when I got to [username] by clicking on 'actions' and 'show view options' and then ticking the box for 'Show library folder'

@potad  

For MAC it should be under: 

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads

Yep!

But I still have to choose my background whenever I make or receive a call. I wish I had one by default

Is it possible to turn this off? Because you can upload all kind of pictures.

@seanwindremis there anyway to DEFAULT to a particular background ? Registry perhaps ?

Hello @seanwindrem,

I have found that folder in my Win10 Laptop.  However, I have a team member that is using Win7 and she does not have that path.  Do you happen to know where I should copy my custom photos if I am using Win7?

Thank you,

Ivan

@seanwindrem thanks - I had originally put the files under the backgrounds folder - saw your post that they have to go under the uploads folder and now they are working

@Jin Chen  My work computer has the option for backgrounds with that version, however, my student tester computer that I am testing with has that version too, but the option is not on it.  Weird.  How we do fix that?