Currently a guest on an org's Teams account but i need to login separately with same email

Copper Contributor

I'm currently a guest on an organization's Teams account (for work) but i need to login (to Teams) separately *with the same email address* as I have a raft of school parent evening meetings linked to this email address and didn't realise that I didn't have a 'Personal' Teams account when i set up the meeting requests. Is there anything i can do or will i need to recreate all the meetings with a different email address?

I have to say, the accounts and login situation with MS Teams is mighty confusing/frustrating, and I've worked in IT for decades.

3 Replies

Further to this, i get the "It looks as if this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?" The 'Personal' option then takes me to a screen which says "You're not on teams yet"?! And If i try and sign up again with the email it says "Looks like you're using a work or school account. Sign in to check if your organisation already has a Microsoft Teams licence waiting for you". But the point is i need a PERSONAL account for this same email address.

Is this a personal email address? Like gmail or outlook.com or an org mail?