Creating a Team with members from multiple organisations

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone!

I hope someone here can help me with this:

I need to create a Team with 3 members from one Organisation (Org A) and about 10 from another (Org B). I am member in both and tried to create a Team in Org A and add my acc. of Org B as guest.

On Desktop this somewhat worked. At first I could not see the Team in Org B, but when I opened a link to the 'General' channel of the new Team it switched to Org A (as guest, within the acc. of Org B) and a dropdown menu appeared next to my profile picture (in the top right corner), with which I could switch back to Org B, but when I did that the dropdown menu disappeared again. To then switch back to Org B I had to open the link to the channel again. After I tried this a few times the dropdown menu stayed after switching the org.

A possible (but not really user-friendly) solution for that would be to just sent that channel link to all guest-members from Org B, so that they can switch the org. with that as long as they don't see the dropdown menu.

So, my questions are:

1. Why could I not see the menu directly?
  2. How can I switch the organisation (not the acc.) on mobile? (I'm on iOS) When I try to open the channel link there, it says the Team does not exist.
0 Replies